Blade Runners Pawn Shop in Winston Salem, NC knows that it can be hard to understand where the value from objects comes from. Though it may be confusing, it doesn’t have to be. We have a compiled a quick guide to break down the value from where precious metal’s value comes from.


Gold is considered the most notable of precious metals. There are three type of the main gold color in jewelry such as yellow, white, and rose. These different types of gold are created by combing pure gold with other precious metals.

  • Yellow
    • Pure Gold + Silver + Copper
    • This is the typical type of gold that you’ll see people wearing. it is considered a classic.
  • White
    • Pure Gold + White Alloys + Rhodium Plating
    • White gold is also another classic look for gold. It contains Rhodium, which is on of the most expensive and precious metals available.
  • Rose Gold
    • Pure Gold + Silver + Copper
    • Rose gold is achieved by different variations of the metals listed above. It is perhaps one of the most trendy gold among many millennials.


Besides Rhodium, platinum is one of the most expensive metals used in jewelry. Platinum has a beautiful sheen that looks silvery white. Platinum is even more rare than Gold. There are two different types of platinum available.

  • Platinum 900
    • Platinum + Various Metal Alloys
    • Platinum 900 is made with 90% pure platinum while 10% of it is made with different metal alloys.
  • Platinum 950
    • This is 95% pure platinum while the other 5% is made with different metal alloys


Many people choose to wear silver because they love its bright and shiny look produced by the metal. Silver is a cheaper, more affordable, and beautiful metal in the market.

  • Sterling 925
    • Silver + Copper
    • This is made from 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper for durability. This type of standard is typically the standard
  • Argentium 960
    • Silver + Copper
    • This is the finest silver. It is more pure then the sterling 925. It is durable and requires less cleaning, but it is brighter than platinum or gold. It is also one of the most affordable silver options.

Need More Help?

Blade Runners Pawn Shop in Winston Salem, NC knows that it can be hard to understand where the value from objects comes from. We are a pawn shop of the people, for the people, meaning we are your one stop shop for quick cash when you need it most. Anybody that needs a quick fix to pay their bills can rely on our pawn shop Forsyth County team to help them buy, sell, or trade their guns, jewelry, electronics, video games, and movies. We additionally offer other pawn services such as helping commercial clients pawn items to pay their employees or, to pay for used equipment. People young and old can rely on Blade Runners Pawn for competitively priced used products in Forsyth County. Contact us today!